There’s bloggers that win awards – they’re consistent in what they do, they slog it out and constantly grind to put the best into their blogs/vlogs. These guys post two to four times a week, they’re always up to date with the latest in parenting trends and happenings. Some of them even get paid for it!
And then there’s writers like myself. So self-conscious about what to share that I end up over-sharing at times if not at all, fussing too much about quality over quantity that I end up not writing for almost two months (ok to be fair, I’ve been frickin’ busy with fundraising with the Missus for charity and helping her organise her brand Three Little Pandas’ first birthday party whilst cramming in end of tax year admin and.. well, you know.. working and keeping the kids alive and shit). In the time since my last post, I was also pretty ill before we travelled abroad (and lo and behold, I’m ill again since we got back). Trying to write when you’re ill is an absolute bitch. The long and short of it is that I don’t deserve an award of any type for writing by my standards.
Anyway, I’ve won a fucking award!!!
I’d like to thank my Missus Rufina for always keeping me afloat and for giving me my youngest son and my step children. I’d like to thank my older son and daughter for keeping my feet on the ground when I was a YOUNG young father. My sister deserves a mention for putting up with me annoying her so much that she has to laugh (although the Missus also gets it pretty badly now too). Also, I’d like to thank my mother for carrying me for 9 months prior to putting up with my bullsh*t for 33 years and my Pops for trying at being a Dad (he got it horribly, hilariously wrong at times but he got there in the end).
Lastly, bigups to Steve at Daddy Stinks, firstly for his services with the forces and secondly for nominating me for the Mystery Blogger Award. It’s actually really nice to see the name of someone who’s viewed the fruits of your finger tapping and not just a number next to your blog stats. AND, I’ve been struggling for ages to come up with something to sit down and finger my keyboard about so Steve has also given me the motivational push to flex my phalanges. Cheers Steve!
—- The Rules —-
1. Put the award logo/image in your post.
2. List all the rules.
3. Thank whoever nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
4. Mention the creator of the award & give a link.
5. Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
6. Nominate 10-20 people.
7. Notify each nominee.
8. Ask nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with a weird or funny question (specify).
9. Share the link to your best/favourite post of yours.
Three things about me:
1. I am very one-track minded. I’m absolutely terrible at multi-talking and my assistant; Google Assistant on my Samsung Galaxy S8 keeps my life in check.
2. I gave up smoking but I can’t give up chocolate.
3. When I was three, my parents owned a “greasy spoon” where I would jump on the table and sing Michael Jackson’s Bad. Subsequently, my Dad sent me to drama school every Saturday which I fucking hated him for. He’s not so “Bad” anymore though ☺️
Steve’s Five Questions:
1. On what occasion was you closest to quitting the blogging world?
I haven’t thought about quitting blogging although I’ve had instances when I haven’t been able to write due to having too much on or having immense writer’s constipation (writer’s block).
2. what do you enjoy most from blogging?
I love when people relate to my posts. The encouragement to write has been awesome and discussing issues and topics afterwards with readers/friends is pretty fucking awesome.
3. How often do you often spend on a post?
Too long. I can’t write when the kids are up and when they go to sleep I’m normally knackered so the old brain struggles a bit to string a few words together without straying to thoughts of shooting baddies on destiny, which program to start next on Netflix or which chocolate I’d love to eat on the sofa in just my pants at that particular point in time.
4. What plug-in/add-on cant you do without?
Ummm.. glade? I’m clueless about plug-ins. Is that why I don’t have many followers? 🤔
5. Do you use any third party apps to assist you if so which one do you swear by?
Uhhh.. Pokémon Go? Again, is that why I don’t have many followers? 🤔
My best/favourite post:
My first one: Move Your Arse, Uncool Dad! The post that broke my blogging cherry. I remember how anxious I felt about putting myself out there for strangers to read about, my debut as a “Dad Blogger”. Thankfully it was received well although I got accused of being a potty mouth (potty fingers?) after posting it.
1. What is your blog about and what keeps you writing it?
2. Which superhero’s powers would you like to have and why?
3. If anyone throughout history, who would you like to have a cuppa with? And how would you imagine they’d like their tea?
4. Dream holiday: where, when, who with?
5. Sit or squat?
This award was created by:
Okoto Oke Enigma. What a darling!